Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My daughter's trophies


My daughter had been involved in basketball since she was 12. She had been actively participating in different basketball leagues in school and in the community. Her passion was so intense until high school. She played in the catholic school's intercity tournaments in Ontario, Canada . One time she goes home so sad, because their team got the First runner-up. I told her that this is such a great achievement and you must be proud of it. She promised to us that she will be collecting trophies as her gift to us.

Her trophies are displayed in our family room. She is not a “show-off” type of young lady and she wants to keep them in her room, but we insisted. Her dad and I were proud of her achievements. Now that she is college she still hopes to play, but I encouraged her to concentrate on her studies first and maybe she can do this as a hobby with friends.